MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Cp permissions via PhpMyadmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw a thread on HF, a member did this.
(2012-04-29, 05:54 PM)Gibe Wrote: [ -> ]I accidently made the admin group not able to go to the Admin CP... What do I do now? To get it back?

I thought it can be done via PhpMyadmin, but I totally got lost, I'm still not sure for the answer.

Is cancp option for "group can view admin cp"? it's in mybb_usergroups.
Post #16 is correct.... In the future, refer the person to this forum instead of asking for them. It's much easier for everyone that way.
I tried removing my admin CP permissions and post #16 doesn't work.

I sent him a private message saying register on MyBB he said was too lazy to do that.
It does work. Edit the usergroup and untick "Yes, users of this group can access the admin CP", run the query and it'll update it again.

But if he's too lazy to ask for support himself, you shouldn't have to ask for him. It looks like he 'solved' it himself anyway.
so a guy on a hacking site is asking how to gain access to the ACP via direct DB manipulation and you guys want to help said person? especially since that person wont sign up here, not because said person is lazy, but likely because that person wants to remain as anonymous as possible
I wasn't asking for his help, I just wanted the answer so could learn it. His forum was new he reinstalled it I guess.

I did what you said Nathan now I can't visit ACP -_-
Don't forget to delete the usergroups cache from mybb_datacache.
Perfect.
I didn't know about the cache, I already tried cancp=1 but the cache.