MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Unova
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Looks even better than the PSD, excellent job.
Thanks a bunch Nelson, hopefully I get it finished here in a couple days. Been working my butt off on it. xD
Looks great to me.
This is coming along really well. Some suggestions:
  • The reply and view counts look really weird just floating there ... IMO, get rid of them, they are not really useful information for the user, especially the view count. If the forum is decently active then even the reply number is meaningless.
  • The breadcrumbs are really too large, I think. We should focus on building themes where breadcrumbs are not even necessary. I'm working on that, but for now, it should be made a bit smaller. It's actually bigger than the logo.
  • You have a lot of space next the username you could be using for things such as PM count, User CP, Buddy List (maybe not, it's not really useful), or some other things rather than stuffing it all under the gear icon.
  • Use something more abstract for on/off, don't need to say "OLD" and "NEW", just an orange circle and grey circle could work even.

Keep it up, this is one of the nicer MyBB themes in a long time.
Alright, one at a time.

1. Yeah, I was thinking of removing them, but I think I'll just make them appear when you hover whatever section they're in. If not then yeah, removing them would probably be the best option.

2. I could work on that, definitely. Though I feel the breadcrumb is a pretty important part of a theme. xp

3. Like in the mockup I plan on putting the PM count to the right of the username, and when you hover over your name there will be a dropdown with important links. I'll make it a CSS dropdown for maximum compatibility. Oh, and the settings button is for the color changer (And possibly BG pattern changer, haven't decided yet). xD

4. I'll definitely look at that while I finish developing the theme.

Some extra comments, I implemented the width adjuster, modal login and sidebar collapse today. Width switches between 960px and 96%.

Thanks for the comments brad, glad to see some actual suggestions (But I still don't mind everyone's compliments either xD).
With regards to breadcrumbs, I feel like we should be looking for more clever ways to give the user a path back than a literal path. Seems very old-fashioned and techy. But I don't have a solution yet, really.
Breadcrumbs can be also considered as eye-candy part, brad. So you can play with them, but replacing them is just awkward. Smile
I don't know. I think it can be done and I'm going to attempt it. I think someone who is not used to message boards does not really understand what a breadcrumb is.
Apple official site has breadcrumbs and almost many websites and blogs posses breadcrumbs, so visitors might not be knowing the terminology of breadcrumb but would know it as navigation bar.
Where are you seeing breadcrumbs on Apple's site?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5