MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not Upgrading To 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i read the notes on the update and apparently you can use old skins for this, nor with mods from previous versions, i thought this was a bummer, so i want to know if updates are still going to be writen for 1.1.x?
Why can't you use your current skin? All you have to do is put your old image like "thead_bg" into your images folder, and upload...

OR, I'm not sure about this... But you could re-up load all that it tells you to, when you're upgrading, but the images folder, then you could upload the new images that are included in 1.2?
I'd guess no. As no other versions have been updated after an new release.
the templates are alot different now. The plug-ins will not work on 1.2, that's true as there have been alot of changes to the code.
Although it's worth all that.
Yep. It is worth to upgrade to 1.2, especially the new AJAX features!

However, it will take me quite sometime before I do the upgrade as I want to finish off the skins first.
Can someone help me updating orangeice? Smile
willow Wrote:i read the notes on the update and apparently you can use old skins for this, nor with mods from previous versions, i thought this was a bummer, so i want to know if updates are still going to be writen for 1.1.x?
That's your choice, but remember that after 2 months, we will no longer support 1.1.8 other than help upgrading.

It really isn't that hard to recreate your theme - I did it. All you have to do is create a copy of your theme on your localhost or a second test board hosted online, and then upgrade your forums, and recreate the theme based on your copy. Or, you could recreate your theme first, and then upgrade.
I hope that people in general here will be helpful to continue offer some level of support with earlier versions as personally, upgrade is not an option....to customized system and upgrade would potentially break functionality for me...
have to plan the next step extremely carefully..
Belloman Wrote:
willow Wrote:i read the notes on the update and apparently you can use old skins for this, nor with mods from previous versions, i thought this was a bummer, so i want to know if updates are still going to be writen for 1.1.x?
That's your choice, but remember that after 2 months, we will no longer support 1.1.8 other than help upgrading.

It really isn't that hard to recreate your theme - I did it. All you have to do is create a copy of your theme on your localhost or a second test board hosted online, and then upgrade your forums, and recreate the theme based on your copy. Or, you could recreate your theme first, and then upgrade.

its alot harder than that if you've modified templates while doing so..

so im upgradeing my friends forum first then im going to import the theme files and update the templates on his board then update mine with the fully working templates.. heh heh. what a cheat i am.
AHHH just noticed this at end of upgrade

Quote: * Please use the 'Find Updated Templates' tool in the Admin CP to find customised templates updated during this upgrade process. Edit them to contain the changes or revert them to originals.
* Ensure that your board is still fully functional.

HEY!!!

was this supposed to delete and custom themes :|
yes, there is alot of code changes on my site, i wouldnt be able to re-do it again Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5