MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'VE COMPLTELY RUINED MY FORUM! :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please help? I'm willing to pay if someone helps.

Here's what happened, I downloaded the latest version of the forum software to a folder called newforum, I installed that forum and connected to the already existing database using the same username, password etc.

The install was successful, I then realize my main page is the new installed forum. I panic, download the back ups I have of the forum, remove everything from the original directory, literally everything, reupload my forum back up and unzip it.

The problem is that I'm still seeing a blank forum, the database still exists, and i'm still connected to it, i just want to get all my posts and forums back. it was a really really stupid thing for me to do and I wish I hadn't done it. I don;t know what to do, if someone can help me I'll pay, it can't be that difficult can it?

I'm panicking now, please help.
Does the database even have anything in it? Take a look using phpMyAdmin or something. And are you sure you're connecting to the right database?
Quote:Here's what happened, I downloaded the latest version of the forum software to a folder called newforum, I installed that forum and connected to the already existing database using the same username, password etc.
I think you've overwritten everything.
(2012-05-01, 10:00 AM)Knack Wrote: [ -> ]literally everything, reupload my forum back up and unzip it.

I assume this is a backup of your forum files? Do you have a backup of your SQL database in which all forum posts etc. are stored?
When I click to access phpMyAdmin it says Oops! Google Chrome could not find mysql2.MYDOMAINname.com

The database still exists though

(2012-05-01, 10:49 AM)mattias Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-01, 10:00 AM)Knack Wrote: [ -> ]literally everything, reupload my forum back up and unzip it.

I assume this is a backup of your forum files? Do you have a backup of your SQL database in which all forum posts etc. are stored?

No, I've just emailed dreamhost now to see if they can do anything.

I'm going to have to go to bed, I feel really tired and quite ill.

Hopefully we can all talk about this tomorrow.
You will probably have lost some information. But i think dreamhost does make backups automatically:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Backup