MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Below certain number of post (two suggestions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been wondering if it might be a good idea to include two features which dont seem to much effort to implement.
Both can prevent spam in some way.

[1]
No URL's / Images below a certain number of post.

If somebody tries to post an image or url in a post below a certain number of post (for example 10) they get an error saying they cant post that yet. I know there is such a plugin. But i like the feature a lot, and it works quite well on big boards like mmo-c.

[2]
Captcha before post below a certain number of post.

If you dont want to limit your users maybe include the option to force users to input a captcha. I know this can be done now by adjusting certain files and i even requested it in the plugin request forum. But i like this feature a lot.
Quote:Captcha before post below a certain number of post.

If you dont want to limit your users maybe include the option to force users to input a captcha. I know this can be done now by adjusting certain files and i even requested it in the plugin request forum. But i like this feature a lot.

What's the point of putting that kind of limit on user posting.If you need basic limits on posting you can use approve / unapprove post system,if you need to suspend user posting on short or long time you can use suspend users posting privileges option or just use ban system if you want to disable user posting privileges.

Imagine the headaches that your users will get when they have to input captcha for every new reply / thread.
(2012-05-03, 08:56 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]What's the point of putting that kind of limit on user posting.If you need basic limits on posting you can use approve / unapprove post system,if you need to suspend user posting on short or long time you can use suspend users posting privileges option or just use ban system if you want to disable user posting privileges.

Imagine the headaches that your users will get when they have to input captcha for every new reply / thread.

You misunderstood it completely. Its not to suspend users, it was for me purely a means for a short while to still allow users to use
 [url] / [img] 
tags but at the same time not make the life of spam bots to easy.

Now most have over 10 post i went back to the yaldaram plugin. Which simply works great for the purpose of not allowing users to use links/images below a certain number of post.

And yes you could use 10 differnt addons but a simple url / image block ,below a certain number of post, kills most spam bots already for the reason they use links like crazy in there post.
And thats why for me maybe point 2 isnt that great but i really would like to see option 1 integrated. Its simple and quite effective.