MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to Change the " forum" word displayed in URL when child forum is clicked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i click my child forum , i see the url getting displayed as "Forum" - "Child forum name ". How to remove the word "forum" and customize with some other Word ?

please refer to attachment, i have marked in red.

any thoughts on this ?
(2012-05-02, 05:01 AM)vjkumk Wrote: [ -> ]When i click my child forum , i see the url getting displayed as "Forum" - "Child forum name ". How to remove the word "forum" and customize with some other Word ?

any thoughts on this ?

Hmm I can not see any red marks ... perhaps a url would be better ?
Uhm. Goto plugins, in the ACP. And change the settings of Google SEO URL (assuming that's the plugin you're using?)

Look for: "Forum URL scheme"

Change that. And I believe you'll need to change something in your .htaccess
(2012-05-02, 09:56 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-02, 05:01 AM)vjkumk Wrote: [ -> ]When i click my child forum , i see the url getting displayed as "Forum" - "Child forum name ". How to remove the word "forum" and customize with some other Word ?

any thoughts on this ?

Hmm I can not see any red marks ... perhaps a url would be better ?

You can see the section marked in red in one of the attachment in the URL location field .

(2012-05-02, 09:59 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm. Goto plugins, in the ACP. And change the settings of Google SEO URL (assuming that's the plugin you're using?)

Look for: "Forum URL scheme"

Change that. And I believe you'll need to change something in your .htaccess

Yes, i'm using Google SEO plugin , I see the FORUM url Scheme with a value "Forum-{url}" , do i need to change the "Forum" with any customized word ?

Also help me on what needs to be changed in .Htaccess file ?
(2012-05-03, 04:06 PM)vjkumk Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i'm using Google SEO plugin , I see the FORUM url Scheme with a value "Forum-{url}" , do i need to change the "Forum" with any customized word ?

Yes. Then change Forum to the same word in your .htaccess too:
	RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]