MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import WordPress Users to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon,

is it possible to import all users from the WordPress Database (3.x.x) to myBB (1.6.x) and afterwards to connect the two databases in order that people just have to register on one system, WordPress or myBB? I've already tested some bridges for WordPress but they're too old.

Thanks for reading my post!

Regards
i think no Sad
I'm not sure about any working bridges. For the former you'd need someone to write a custom merge module for you.
Thanks. Too bad. Undecided
Quote:I'm not sure about any working bridges. For the former you'd need someone to write a custom merge module for you.
Do you assume it's difficult to write a merge module? I also looked for a merge between WordPress and phpBB, my second choice, but there isn't a "merge module" or bridge neither. All available bridges are out of date.
(2012-05-02, 02:58 PM)Malte Wrote: [ -> ]Do you assume it's difficult to write a merge module? I also looked for a merge between WordPress and phpBB, my second choice, but there isn't a "merge module" or bridge neither.

It all depends on what data is available from wordpress users table. Usually it's forum to forum merges, not blog to forum merges.
Thanks for your quick answer.

The structure in the database of WordPress (users table) is basically similar to the structure in common forums, but I have no idea how to transfer the WordPress users table and how to connect them afterwards. Anyway, I'll try to find a solution.
Most WP forums use the standard WP login system. When I built the Mingle Forum merge, the user side was very similar to BBPress Forum merge that was already coded and it appeared to me to be the way WP works for logins.

I really hate the way WP is coded BTW