MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Features from other software you'd like to see in 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there's lots of threads about "I want this like vB!" etc. I think those are fine suggestions, but it would be nice to see more original suggestions and less, "I want MyBB to become like this."

I thought it would be good to have a thread for features from other software you'd like to see MyBB incorporate. Playing with IPB for a while has lead me to discover some pretty nice stuff:
  • Ability to invite new people to a conversation on the fly
  • Posts auto-save while writing
  • View new content display is awesome -- much better than "new posts"

[Image: Nfm0l.png]

• Private messaging done via modal window

Something from another software you'd like to see in 2.0? I would love to see it.
A like system.
(2012-05-02, 02:13 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]A like system.

Can't believe I left this out -- probably didn't occur to me since I have my own on my board. IPB's is very elegant though. If you need one now, Tomm M's is very nice.

http://resources.xekko.co.uk/mynetwork/f...ation.html
(2012-05-02, 02:18 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-02, 02:13 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]A like system.

Can't believe I left this out -- probably didn't occur to me since I have my own on my board. IPB's is very elegant though. If you need one now, Tomm M's is very nice.

http://resources.xekko.co.uk/mynetwork/f...ation.html

Yeah! But an its better to be built into core. I'm sure almost all forums will use this feature. Smile
Agree Smile
Yes to all four... These would be excellent additions to MyBB.
Ability to invite new people to a conversation on the fly: Plugin....
Posts auto-save while writing: Really util and i agree Big Grin
View new content display is awesome -- much better than "new posts": Can be made by a plugin
(2012-05-03, 02:36 AM)Solstice Wrote: [ -> ]Ability to invite new people to a conversation on the fly: Plugin....

IIRC, MyBB 2.0 will have conversation type PM system. So, ability to invite new people could be really useful. Its better to be core than as a plugin.
Invite system and auto save awesome!