MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit/Remove Post problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon everyone!

So basically the problem started after completely setting up the Google SEO Plugin. Everything is working correctly and the URL's are rewriting as they should.

After that plugin was installed we are no longer able to use the edit post button located under each forum posts, and if you hit Remove post and confirm it will bring you to the Edit post area.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so how shall I go about fixing this?

Here is some basic information about our installation.

MyBB Version - 1.6.7
Forums URL - http://www.dark-fraction.com/index.php
Plugin added that caused problem - Google SEO (1.6.3)
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled and working

Testing Account for you all:
Username: ArSoNTest
Pass: Testing1234

If more information is needed let me know!

Thanks!
Hello and good night from here,

For some reason your testing account is no longer working here.
(2012-05-02, 05:01 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and good night from here,

For some reason your testing account is no longer working here.

Fixed Smile I forgot to change the pass, it is now Testing1234

sorry about that.
AdminCP > Templates > Your theme's templates > Ungrouped Templates > and Add the following code in your theme's headerinclude template;
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

It should be pasted on the next line of: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script> code.
(2012-05-02, 05:13 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP > Templates > Your theme's templates > Ungrouped Templates > and Add the following code in your theme's headerinclude template;
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

It should be pasted on the next line of: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script> code.

Done, it looks like the problem is still there. Confused
Can you please try to deactivate "Dynamic To Top" plugin and see if deactivating resolves the issue ?
(2012-05-02, 05:31 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please try to deactivate "Dynamic To Top" plugin and see if deactivating resolves the issue ?

Haha! You are the best! I would have never taught of that... Thank you for your help!
Yeah, I thought so because there were two jquery-1.3.2.min.js files running at the same time (and on the same page) so that's why they both interfering with each other. If you want to use that plugin then activate it again, and go to: AdminCP > Templates > Global Templates > dynamictotop > and search the following and remove;
<script src="inc/plugins/dynamic-to-top/js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Next, within the same template, find;
<script type="text/javascript">
		$(document).ready(function() {
			/*
			var defaults = {
	  			containerID: 'moccaUItoTop', // fading element id
				containerHoverClass: 'moccaUIhover', // fading element hover class
				scrollSpeed: 1200,
				easingType: 'linear' 
	 		};
			*/

$().UItoTop({ easingType: 'linear' });

});
</script>
and in this code, Change this;
into this;
		jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
(2012-05-02, 05:37 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I thought so because there were two jquery-1.3.2.min.js files running at the same time (and on the same page) so that's why they both interfering with each other. If you want to use that plugin then activate it again, and go to: AdminCP > Templates > Global Templates > dynamictotop > and search the following and remove;
<script src="inc/plugins/dynamic-to-top/js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Next, within the same template, find;
<script type="text/javascript">
			/*
			var defaults = {
	  			containerID: 'moccaUItoTop', // fading element id
				containerHoverClass: 'moccaUIhover', // fading element hover class
				scrollSpeed: 1200,
				easingType: 'linear' 
	 		};
			*/

$().UItoTop({ easingType: 'linear' });

});
</script>
and in this code, Change this;
into this;
		jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

Done, and everything is working as it should. you are the best! Thanks for all your help!