MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging posts after a previous merge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm new to MyBB and have just successfully installed MyBB and converted my old phpbb2 forums to MyBB. The only thing I didn't convert was the posts. The reason for this was I wanted to make sure the conversion worked before I invested 24+ hours in converting (I have 12,000,000+ posts). The conversion was successful, but now I'm wondering if it is possible for me to convert the posts without restarting the whole process.

I appreciate whatever help I can get. Thank you.
Are you sure they didn't convert? Can you check by looking at the mybb_posts tables and seeing if the records are there?

If not, please provide the debug logs. There is no way to convert after the merge process is complete. You must run it again. But if we can track down the issue it will make it a lot easier next time round. Smile

Edit - Nevermind. Shouldn't have skimmed over your post. But to quote myself:

Quote:There is no way to convert after the merge process is complete. You must run it again
I'm sure. The table is empty. They didn't convert because I didn't run the module to convert posts. I just wanted to test the converter before I invested a lot of time. I was just checking if there was an alternative. I suppose I'll start it over now and convert everything. Thanks.