MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Okay, how about this: Where can you see the forum/sub-forum in the database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since, like on several topics, I receive no answer, let me ask for something that you should surely know: Where in the forum database (phpMyAdmin) can I see all the forums and sub-forums listed? I think it should be mybb_forums table, because I see some listed, but for some reason I cannot see any new forums listed in there, but can open them in my forum. I'm not asking how to fix it because I doubt that you'll tell me from past experience, but at least ask if all categories and forums should be listed, whether old or new, in mybb_forums table.
(2012-05-02, 11:02 PM)M.E.R.255 Wrote: [ -> ]Since, like on several topics, I receive no answer, let me ask for something that you should surely know:

Plugin/theme support isn't our main priority. Our main priority is with support with MyBB itself, hence why your thread in general support had 6 replies.

(2012-05-02, 11:02 PM)M.E.R.255 Wrote: [ -> ]Where in the forum database (phpMyAdmin) can I see all the forums and sub-forums listed? I think it should be mybb_forums table, because I see some listed, but for some reason I cannot see any new forums listed in there, but can open them in my forum. I'm not asking how to fix it because I doubt that you'll tell me from past experience, but at least ask if all categories and forums should be listed, whether old or new, in mybb_forums table.

mybb_forums. If you can't see them all, make sure phpmyadmin isn't limiting the amount of rows shown.
Well, I sounded like a jerk when I wrote that, and I'm sorry for that. I just spend over 5 hours before going to bed, and over an hour today figuring this one problem out, so I guess I'm a little grumpy...

I just don't understand what is going on. It's like this: I add a category in the forum, look at the mybb_forums table (and click on "display all") and nope, no new category. However, I can clearly see it in the forum. I keep deleting the cache, logging off and logging on, and still, the new category is not listed in mybb_forums. I remember that yesterday, when I tried moving that one thread in the "not existing thread (which started the problem)" and it told me that I didn't select a thread, at one time the forum gave me the message "Malicious... or something similar... JavaScript..." I probably should have copied the text, but I saw that message inside the forum.

Could it be that something caused an error and that the board and admin cp can display new categories, but don't actually store them in the database for some reason? Sounds silly, but I didn't write the forum software so I have no clue how it works.

And yes, I did clear the cache in the forum (forums).

UPDATE: Okay, instead of trying to figure this out, I did the next best thing and deleted the entire database and forum folder, and put the database data from over a month ago back on it as well as forum folder. I lost a lot of threads and forums on it, but at least it's working again... The next time this happens, I'll record it and upload a video, and display it in here so you can see my problem.

UPDATE 7/2/2012: I think I found the problem, and boy was it simple! Since I had the forum on one page and copied it to another, and both have a very similar domain name, I never realized that I haven't set in the settings to use the new URL and not the old one. So when I made a new category, it wouldn't appear on the page, because it actually was appearing on the old one!
It was basically like this:
I was sending a letter to an old address, but forgot to change the address on those letters to go to the new address. Well, thanks for looking into my problem.