MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What are your thoughts on f.lux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Flu.x it's basically a free software that makes the color of your computer's change according to the time. It says to help you sleep better and prevents your eyes to get all irritated. It's supported on mac, linux, windows and even on the ipad/iphone.

I personally think that it's great and makes my forum look even better lol, but seriously it takes a little while to adapt to it, but then it's magnificent.

What do you guys think?
bump it. No one cares about their eyes? wierd
It's not that great if you multi use, ie gaming, graphic design, etc.
Installed it. Changed colour of screen. Pissed me off. Uninstalled it.
(2012-05-11, 12:54 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that great if you multi use, ie gaming, graphic design, etc.
And, most computer monitors have screen brightness adjustment, so it's kind of unnecessary.
omg my screen looks so weird
I don't use a bright screen, so it's useless to me.

Quote:It says to help you sleep better

If anything, it makes you sleep less. This program will make your eyes more comfortable looking at the screen, if you're comfortable, you'll continue using. Eye straining screens make you tired.
I like it, though when I started using it, I hated the color changes but it keeps eys comfortable.
Ugly as hell + explorer.exe seems to not like it.
It will crash and can't even close it down with taskmanager or shutting down the computer.
Probably a problem on my end, really has no benefit.
My screen adjusts itself anyway.
(2012-05-11, 12:54 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that great if you multi use, ie gaming, graphic design, etc.
That's true, good thing is that you can deactivate it pretty easy.
(2012-05-11, 12:57 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Installed it. Changed colour of screen. Pissed me off. Uninstalled it.
Lol, you have to give it some minutes to you eyes to adapt. Trust me after hours of using it you won't turn it off never again.
(2012-05-11, 01:44 AM)xDizzy Wrote: [ -> ]omg my screen looks so weird
haha you have to give it some time so you eyes adjust.

(2012-05-11, 12:31 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]I like it, though when I started using it, I hated the color changes but it keeps eys comfortable.
Yeap my eyes won't hurt anymore.

(2012-05-11, 01:08 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Ugly as hell + explorer.exe seems to not like it.
It will crash and can't even close it down with taskmanager or shutting down the computer.
Probably a problem on my end, really has no benefit.
My screen adjusts itself anyway.
How is it ugly as hell? It's a well done piece of software.
Pages: 1 2