MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: About linking back and denial of support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am an open-source lover and I always credit the coders back. In one of my projects, I have started developing using MyBB. In the code comments, it is written that there is a chance that users will be denied support if they remove the footer link back.

What I did was change the following
Quote:Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2012 MyBB Group.

into
Quote:Powered By MyBB.
with a link back to the MyBB homepage. Is this Ok? As far as I know, it doesn't matter but I just wanna get your opinion. You can take a look here.
The minimum copyright is "Powered By MyBB" or other wording which implies MyBB is in use. E.g. "Forum Software By MyBB" with a link back to mybb.com.
(2012-05-06, 12:10 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The minimum copyright is "Powered By MyBB" or other wording which implies MyBB is in use. E.g. "Forum Software By MyBB" with a link back to mybb.com.

So, Im Cool, huh? Thanks for your reply Smile
(2012-05-06, 12:28 PM)amitash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-06, 12:10 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The minimum copyright is "Powered By MyBB" or other wording which implies MyBB is in use. E.g. "Forum Software By MyBB" with a link back to mybb.com.

So, Im Cool, huh? Thanks for your reply Smile

Yes, you have an acceptable copyright. Smile