MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] New World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"New World" is a theme I started a few weeks back on my free time out of boredom. I would like some criticism on it please. Don't worry, you can't hurt my feelings Toungue

I've still got some more plans, such as completely redesigning the forum tables. They're pretty ugly as it is. A better looking breadcrumb is also planned, looks pretty boring right now.

Preview: http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/...1-orig.png

Live Demo: Offline for now. New theme taking its place.

Again, feedback is appreciated. I've mentioned what I plan to change, so please don't comment on those aspects sucking, unless you have a suggestion on how it should look, rather than just saying "Your forum tables suck".

Feels like I was gonna mention something else, but can't remember... Oh well.

Username: Test
Password: test123
Un-curve the text boxes, they look bad.
Please don't copy the top header/nav from Moderlo. Thanks.
(2012-05-07, 04:30 AM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't copy the top header/nav from Moderlo. Thanks.
The only thing actually copied from that theme is the Message box, the bar itself is not copied.
It's coming along nice, needs a bit more work on the thead and tcat though.
Updated the theme a bit, replaced the message square with a bubble thing instead. Sorry about what happened before @wils172. Someone had suggested a message box telling number of new PMs, and they sent me the CSS. Had I known exactly where the code came from, would not have used it.
These hover tooltips have got to stop. By the time my mouse is over the forum name I am ready to click, not to read. Likewise, the tooltips on the top items don't help me. Of course "Help" is "View all help documents" -- either way, if I need help I'm gonna click with or without that extra info. The bar at the top is also not useful.
(2012-05-10, 01:34 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]These hover tooltips have got to stop. By the time my mouse is over the forum name I am ready to click, not to read. Likewise, the tooltips on the top items don't help me. Of course "Help" is "View all help documents" -- either way, if I need help I'm gonna click with or without that extra info. The bar at the top is also not useful.
I agree with what you mean about the tooltips at the top. The bar at the top I personally like, gives an easy way to get back to the index. Plus, I really don't want to make some bulky header. I was going to, but using just a simple bar that sticks to the top was a lot cleaner looking and less time consuming.
Then you should put more useful things in the top bar.
There's only so much you can put up there...
Pages: 1 2