MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index page issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, absolute newbie to MyBB here.

Recently purchased a domain: http://www.kasmit.com, installed MyBB just fine, but for some reason, the main page (www.kasmit.com) is loading a 'Hello, World' screen. However, it loads correctly when I append '/index.php' to it.

I then decided to try and change my URL settings in General Configurations to www.kasmit.com/index.php, and it loads, but in a plain, ugly page.

How do I go about getting the forums to show up on the main page itself, and NOT on /index.php page? OR, if I do go about using /index.php, how do I get the site to show correctly without the barebones look?

I hope I make sense. I've attached pics to show both the 'Hello World' image, and the plain look when I make general config changes. Let me know if/what extra I need to add...

------------------------

Nevermind! I got help. Seems my webhost created an index.html file upon a mybb installation that just needed deleting. Big Grin
I think you enabled the hello world plugin Toungue
(2012-05-07, 01:37 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]I think you enabled the hello world plugin Toungue

Smile I checked (you gave me a bit of hope that that was the problem). Nope, Hello World plugin not activated/enabled.