MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got a great idea for a mod. I cant make it because I havent learned enough about this board to code myself. But my idea is for attachments.

Here goes:

Joe goes to Bob's profile (userid=637) and see's a link saying "View Bob's Attachments." So Joe clicks it and takes you to a new page at http://www.mybboard.com/community/attach...hp?uid=637
and can see/view all of Bob's attachments. I dont want this, but ti would be awesome. Second thought yeah I do.
Firstly, the admin can already do this in Admin CP > Attachments > Search Attachments > Poster's Name Contains > Type in the name > Search.

For an average user, I find this method of the idea quite useless. All you have to do is click (View All Posts) on the profile, then scan the messages for any attachments.

What would be good though, is an attachment symbol next to his or her posts on the (View All Posts) page where the empty cells are. See screenshot for eg. That way, its like your idea but less coding (I think)
ok how do i limit the amout of space a user gets for their attachments?
Admin CP > Attachments > Attachment Types > for size for each type of attachment

Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Posting > Maximum Attachments Per Post > for how many attachments in each post

Thats the only two options I think.
There is going to be a total attachment "quota" per usergroup in the final version. Smile
final or gold?

cause am I correct in asumming final isn't gold? If so, final is a long way off :/
Final is Gold. Final means that MyBB will no longer be in a Release Candidate/Beta stage.
k776 Wrote:Firstly, the admin can already do this in Admin CP > Attachments > Search Attachments > Poster's Name Contains > Type in the name > Search.

By the way, it seems to have a bug, becaus in RC4 I get an error massage, what pretty much seems to show the old DB stuckture

It looks for:
Table 'xxx.threads' doesn't exist

If im not wrong, the name should be mybb_threads
Indeed it is. Go to admin/attachments.php and find
$query = $db->query("SELECT a.*, p.tid, p.fid, t.subject, f.name, u.uid, u.username FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."attachments a LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON (p.pid=a.pid) LEFT JOIN threads t ON (t.tid=p.tid) LEFT JOIN forums f ON (p.fid=f.fid) LEFT JOIN users u ON (p.uid=u.uid) $sql ORDER BY a.filename");
and replace with
$query = $db->query("SELECT a.*, p.tid, p.fid, t.subject, f.name, u.uid, u.username FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."attachments a LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON (p.pid=a.pid) LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t ON (t.tid=p.tid) LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."forums f ON (p.fid=f.fid) LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (p.uid=u.uid) $sql ORDER BY a.filename");
wow alot of info thanks. also, is gold going to cost money?
Pages: 1 2