MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ReCaptcha Becoming Harder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone else think reCaptcha is becoming harder to solve? I used to be one of the people who could solve them with ease just about 2 months ago. Now, all of a sudden, they are becoming very difficult to solve. I have to refresh a few times just to put in a decent guess -- some of the captchas are almost scribbles.

Is anyone else having the same issue as me, or am I just crazy?
Recaptcha is scans from books, so sometimes it does get harder sometimes it doesn't.
I agree that some are easy... But man, I have refreshed more in the last few weeks than I have in years.
You only have to get one of them right so it's not that bad. I haven't had any issues honestly Big Grin.
(2012-05-08, 04:32 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]You only have to get one of them right so it's not that bad. I haven't had any issues honestly Big Grin.

Then you, sir, are lucky. I might create a testing thread for when I get scribbly ones.

By the way -- I do have great vision (better than 20/20), so there are no issues there.
(2012-05-08, 04:12 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]...

They are currently much harder than they used to be (on average)
  • If you want visitors to register: Never use (the current default) ReCaptcha on any website.
(2012-05-08, 05:06 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-08, 04:12 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]...

They are currently much harder than they used to be (on average)
  • If you want visitors to register: Never use (the current default) ReCaptcha on any website.
Which is why I disabled it on GamerVoid... Of course though, I replaced it with questions involving exponents Blush
captchas in general are anathema to user registration. don't use them. ideally, don't use any "human verification" method at all. find a smarter way to handle spam.
Recaptcha is easy, you only need to type the one word of the two that doesn't make sense and it works.
Captchas are broken anyway. You can't use a Turing test to try and prevent human spammers from accessing the site. Spammers used to be bots, now they are just low paid workers. You need to find a way of dealing with spam, not preventing registration.

There have been a few times where after 3 or 4 attempts at a captcha to register for a site I have simply given up.
Pages: 1 2 3