MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Management Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could we get a forum here explicitly about managing communities? There is a forum for Web Development and Administration but this forum is stated for technical things only. Otherwise you could rename the forum to Web Development and Management and tweak the description to include community management.
I think we could work this in somewhere. +1 from me.
+1 from me. At the moment everyone just uses General Discussion.
+1 from me.
Web Development and Administration is intended for things like that. Is there somewhere that says it is only for technical topics? If so I'll remove it, because in the "An introduction to this forum" thread it specifically says that user management is a suitable topic.
Tim, you could edit the forum title to "Web Development, Administration & Community Management" then. Smile

Or add a sub-forum named Community Management to the same.
I was thinking having a reshuffle of forums but haven't mentioned it to the rest of the team. Would be a nice change especially when MyBB.com gets its new look.
Any more forums and we might need tabs. Smile
(2012-05-09, 07:06 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Web Development and Administration is intended for things like that. Is there somewhere that says it is only for technical topics? If so I'll remove it, because in the "An introduction to this forum" thread it specifically says that user management is a suitable topic.

Quote:Everything about web design and programming in general can be discussed here.

It's just a matter of verbage -- it specifies design and programming. A better description would be:

Quote:Web development, design, programming, and community administration. Talk about developing your website and your forums!

Or something to that effect.
(2012-05-09, 01:34 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Or something to that effect.

Sounds good to me, changed.
Pages: 1 2