MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Find/Replace Templates has critical usability flaw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I wanted to replace all instances of x in a theme with y. So naturally, I used the Search and Replace tool and entered replace X with Y.

There is no prompt for the user that this is going to happen automatically for all themes. What if I just want to do it for a single them (which is what I wanted to do)? It's impossible as far as I can tell. There's also no way to undo the action if the user has made an error.
  • There should be a way to run Search/Replace templates on just a single theme, or even a certain category of templates within a theme.
  • There should be a way to undo this action.
  • There should be a screen informing the user which templates are about to be changed and a confirmation to go ahead.
This will probably be implemented, I had already suggested this internally for 1.8. Wink
Thank you.
Thank god. Before I started keeping backups, I ruined a whole set of custom themes on one of my forums with that feature. xD

Looking forward to this one being in.
Thankfully it's a rather harmless change in my instance ... both my thead and tfoot have the same styling so I wanted to change all tfoot class to thead. But it could have gone very badly.