MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Huge Influx of spammers after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-05-13, 03:29 PM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]I can only repeat what I already wrote since you seem to have ignored it:
configure your stopforumspam.com plugin correctly and you're done with it.
For your convenience I took a screenshot of my settings which work like a treat. I regularly check the logfile and see 10 or more blocked registration attempts per day in it.

Also turn on the hidden captcha field and add the goodbyespammer plugin for the few that come through and you're troubles are gone.

Another hint: reporting back and saying you still have the problem but not telling us what exactly you tried to change is not very helpful for people trying to help and for others trying to learn from the thread Wink

Stopforumspam.com works to a degree.
I used a windows enviroment(pc), normally I use another OS and checked emails the machine I used had some problems and my email credentials were disclosed to a third party so from that I am now a spammer and can not register on sites using that plugin ... I think there should be some core code to address this problem rather than relying on plugins
Well this isn't the case, you can't do without plugins at the moment.

Concerning your problem with their site: http://stopforumspam.com/removal
Okay well I owe you an apology for the lack of explanation atun... I did everything you told me ( which I appreciate ) . Thank you for the screenshot I will set up mine exact..and see if that does not help. It is the same user ... I am sure... Different names sometimes a bogus email and even got in with an email addy like "ksfjoiusfjgkjdt5thr4rhohwhl4whrarwethe5thwhrwhrtwoeht" and the ip's are similar..198. Today again less... but still 5 of them .. I will not give up LOL
If you're really unlucky there's some Chinese guy spamming your board. Then most plugins are useless. Hopefully this isn't the case.
I am very happy this am....finally I can work on my board with ease. Not one spammer got in this day. I think you have really helped me out atnun. I really do appreciate it. I am also aggressive in the way that after I ban their IP in cpanel I ban them on the board then the next day delete them from the database in mybb_users. keeping my fingers crossed... oh.. and the funny part is you do not have to log into my site at all unless you want to download forum stuff. It is a tech forum ... with articles..with a free site attached that is freeware.
I'm happy to hear that. Thanks for reporting back.
Pages: 1 2