MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When will 1.8 beta come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
why so rush for 1.8 version?

1.6.8 its next and long time to 1.8.0
I think we should be extra careful about releasing 1.8 beta. If people already upgrade their live forums to other beta versions as soon as they're released, imagine what their reaction will be when they see 1.8 beta being released along with a brand new theme, jQuery, Spam Ninja and a dozen new features. To them it feels like a completely different forum software and therefore must obtain it.
Hey guys, will MyBB 1.8 have a XenForo like notification system?
I highly doubt it. That's something for 2.0 in my opinion.
(2012-05-14, 08:45 AM)ChrisR Wrote: [ -> ]You could also see it as, When you go to a restaurant you want your food cook not half cooked. Toungue

When someone invites you to their house for dinner you don't show up before they've told you when to come.
(2012-05-14, 08:44 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I highly doubt it. That's something for 2.0 in my opinion.

Well, I read somewhere that 1.8 will aim to compete with modern commercial forum scripts, so I have not given up on the hope yet, that the staff will surprise us with a notification system, especially after I read somewhere in these forums that someone has written a customer plugin that adds a notification system to MyBB Wink
(2012-05-14, 08:45 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]When someone invites you to their house for dinner you don't show up before they've told you when to come.

But the invitation is sent first.
Mmmm, dinner.
(2012-05-14, 10:11 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Mmmm, dinner.

Just got back from the grocery store and ate a huge bread roll in like 30 seconds. I don't know how I'm going to find time to cook when I'm so busy eating.

I'm anxious to see the 1.8 beta too but there's no real difference between May or June or even July. As long as we're not seeing it in 2013 I don't know what the big deal is.
(2012-05-14, 10:25 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Just got back from the grocery store and ate a huge bread roll in like 30 seconds. I don't know how I'm going to find time to cook when I'm so busy eating.

I actually forgot about dinner today and ended up eating it at 11pm. Only had soup so my stomach is getting all mad at me atm. Cook me up something? Kthx.
Pages: 1 2 3 4