MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error message after successful password recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My users started to complain about being lost with password recovery. And I recreated there problem indeed.

After they login with new auto generated password they see error message - see attached image. The message is obviously misleading since they logged in ok and they can use forum wihtout any problems. But only smart do, the rest stay frozen on this error message and try to put actication code somewhere several times.

Any help with fixing that would be greatly appreciated. I did not tweak anything but language files (site is in Ukrainian). However I made this error screen mostly in English.

I running MyBB 1.6.6 (will upgrade soon).

Thank you!
NZ

[attachment=26241]
Could you post a URL to your forum please? I've never seen this kind of issue before personally so I'd like to see exactly what happens.
Sure, but it's in Ukrainian (default language). Though you can switch to English in the bottom, but some parts will stay Ukrainian. Hope you can find your way there. If anything I'll help.

http://forum.maidan.org.ua

Registration is free and you can try to reproduce the error yourself.

Thank you
NZ
Just registered so I'll see if I can reproduce it.
(2012-05-09, 06:18 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Just registered so I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Thank you!
Just tried the password recovery and it worked perfectly fine for me. Perhaps it's a bug within the Ukranian language package?
No, I tried it in English to produce this screenshot.
Maybe it's user related? I'll try to reproduce it again and send you email links via PM. Okay?
Yeah, sure. Which method were you using too? Did you click the link with the activation code in it or click the link where you have to then enter the code? I did the second method and didn't get the issue.
(2012-05-09, 06:39 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, sure. Which method were you using too? Did you click the link with the activation code in it or click the link where you have to then enter the code? I did the second method and didn't get the issue.

I was clicking the link, not entering the code. Does it make any diff?

Sent you code with PM.
It shouldn't make a difference but I'll try the other way just in case.

EDIT: ok, just tried the other way and it worked once again.
Pages: 1 2