MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Votes hidden whilst poll is open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Member of the Month contest on my forum. The polls are private, but the number of votes aren't hidden, just the voters. It's all well and good for the number of votes to be displayed when the contests are over. But I think the phrase "birds of a feather flock together" is true here. Usually, one member will get far more votes than others, despite others also having written quality posts. I believe a lot of members just vote for the one who has the current highest votes.

So, my proposed solution to this is to have the number of votes hidden whilst the poll is open, and to "unhide" the number of votes when the poll is closed. But I'm not sure how to implement this. Any ideas? Huh
I believe you could just alter the poll template to achieve what you're looking for. I'll have a quick look and post back ASAP.
Okay, thanks. Wouldn't that affect all polls, though? I'd want pretty much every poll to be public except for those in the Member of the Month forum.
It would, but you could get round it by applying a specific theme (and customized template set) to the member of the month forum.
With template conditionals you could also apply the template change to just one forum.
Ah, yes, I have heard a few things about template conditionals, thanks.
euantor, I'd appreciate it if you could help me out with the template alterations, and I'll then look into dabbling in template conditionals.
I use this plugin to hide the number of votes:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/hide-poll-results
Well I'll be damned, I never spotted that. One question, though. Does it allow disabling the option to hide the results to certain user groups? (I want it to be only me who has the ability to hide results since it will only be used for MotM.)

Thanks!
Yes, it does.