MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reproducing Unknown Location bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've been reading a bit about the Unknown Location bug people seem to sometimes have. I was having issues with *some* members of my forum always showing as Unknown Location in the who's online list, yet others weren't. I tried mybb's recommended fix here: MyBB Unknown Location Fix

However that fix didn't help me, the same users were still showing as Unknown Location, while the others were showing correctly.

I was able to narrow it down to my .htaccess file in the root of my forum folder. Inside of the file, I have this:

ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

When that is on, the people show as always being in Unknown Location which links to my 404.php, even if they are just viewing a thread or something else. When I disable that line, they are shown correctly in the Who's Online list and everything works perfectly. I tried with other errordocuments like ErrorDocument 500, 400, 401, 402, 403, but all them didn't reproduce the error. Only the 404 errordocument reproduces this error.

Is there any fix for that?