MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username to image or a nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanna ask if there is a function like this?

I want my username to be replaced by an image but wont affect my login code...

example:

myusername: danetiara03
what I want to show to users is: mannypacquiao22 or (image with size width=110 height=19 limits)

kinda changed my database username to an image code...

I wont log off my user in my personal computer thats for sure... >.< because if i did i wont be able to log in unless I changed it back..

anyone has another solution? I want this function for admins only...

I made it work but again if i logged off i wont be able to come back unless i changed the database again.
heres my forums:
http://www.acolhetz.uni.cc/forums/index.php
I am very confused about your request. Why would you have a different username from your display name? Why not just change your username? And if you want usernames to be displayed as images that's pretty easy to do with a GD library function or two but again...why?

And you want this for admins only?
I want a different name from a Username so that usernames (real usernames) wont be hacked or no one would do a guess password on different usernames... if i have like just blood618^_^ as my username they already have the clue on what my user is ...

Kinda like a nickname you can change this the way you want but it wont affect your login name... about the GD library i really dont have any what is this... and yes I wish this only available for Admins if possible.
if the problem si to "hide" usernames to crackers spider u can use htmlspecalchars php function to do this. so human can read rendered html correctly but the spider cannot read as text but as code. it is not a final solution but strongly more easy to implement than your system
thanks but I really want the Nick thing to work ... I wanted it on Admin/Moderators first before putting it on members... i just want to test it first before they have to use it >.<