MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-05-10, 11:30 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]As to Jordan, I'm not trying to "copy" your idea (if that's the right word). In fact, I had no idea it existed until you had replied to the thread. But again, your website is still more iOS focused, do you agree?

I never said you were, haha
(2012-05-10, 04:55 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Half of great gaming on a mac comes from bootcamp anyway. So I would say don't waste your time. But, I'm a mac hater so my opinion is probably moot Toungue.

That is firstly not true, and secondly not Macs fault. The main reason there are no games on mac is nobody can be bothered. There was such a small market. Now, more and more games are being made for mac. There is the apps store which has many, the steam client has about 100 games and desura is getting bigger.

Developers are jumping toward mac though now Smile so mac gaming will only get stronger
It's also been speculated that Apple and VALVE will be teaming up.
^ That was proven to be false.

That said, there is already a Steam client for Mac ...
Ah, damn. I was looking forward to it. Sad
Can we answer the question at hand here please? Big Grin
Use xthreads and do both.
(2012-05-10, 09:41 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Use xthreads and do both.

Well, thats a bit of a pain. I was thinking blog now and forum down the road. What do you think?

I will be using Anchor CMS. A CMS software developed by a new friend of mine. (if I go the blog route)
A blog and a forum aren't even a little bit similar. You need to decide now if you want to build a community or a blog and plan your strategy accordingly.
(2012-05-10, 09:46 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]A blog and a forum aren't even a little bit similar. You need to decide now if you want to build a community or a blog and plan your strategy accordingly.

I guess you're right on that part. But it's the whole idea between interactivity. Do I want my users to comment on a blog post or have discussions with the other readers on a forum? It's a tough decision to make. That's why I was looking for the communities help.

(2012-05-10, 12:24 PM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-10, 11:30 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]As to Jordan, I'm not trying to "copy" your idea (if that's the right word). In fact, I had no idea it existed until you had replied to the thread. But again, your website is still more iOS focused, do you agree?

I never said you were, haha

Just applying before accusation.
Pages: 1 2 3