MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: google search results help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,

I'm wondering how I would get my site to show up in the google search engine like how mybb's site does:

[attachment=26254]

is there a way for me to specify which pages show up similar to how they show up when searching for 'mybb'?
Google automatically does that. It shows the most active landing pages under the main site for user convenience.
(2012-05-10, 09:03 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Google automatically does that. It shows the most active landing pages under the main site for user convenience.

so there's no way to pick which pages it shows? mine currently shows how mybb does in search engines, but it seems to pick some obscure pages, like user profiles, to display. for example:

[attachment=26255]
Google Webmaster Tools > Your Site > Configuration > Sitelinks > Demote this sitelink URL

But over time it will Google will change those links to more relevant links.
(2012-05-10, 09:15 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Google Webmaster Tools > Your Site > Configuration > Sitelinks > Demote this sitelink URL

But over time it will Google will change those links to more relevant links.

thanks. I had actually forgot to set up a webmaster tools account for my site. I did that just a few minutes ago.