MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buttons Not Showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

On my forums I've installed a new theme. However, the necessary buttons at the top of my forum are not showing. The file name I am uploading is RoyalRed-theme.xml.

I am uploading it from cache/themes/RoyalRed-theme.xml . Please help!

Forums: http://cityscape.web44.net/

Someone please help? :s
Everything looks fine on this side.
I changed the theme again.
It took hours for someone to answer.

Can someone please help?! :|
Someone please help me.

Someone please help. I'm trying not to spam, but seriously?!

Alright, well thanks for no help.
I might as well not use MyBB anymore. I mean, it has been a day. The forum is not fine, it looks horrible.
If I don't get any help soon, then I quit MyBB.
This is my last please help me post.
You have to understand that its week days now.
Saturday and Sunday. People are resting.

By the way, this is how you fixed something missing on your forum.

1) Login to your admin cp
2) Go to "Tools and Maintenance"
3) Click "Check Template" tab
4) Check Template Security Security
5) Click proceed

[Image: 75206039.png]

It will lists all the missing files, buttons on your forum.
Supplied what is missing. Thats it.
I did not post this on a Saturday or Sunday at first. Yet no one bothered helping me.
Thank you finally.

It is still not working. But I am moving this to the people who made the template I'm using's forum.
(2012-05-13, 12:53 AM)RedCP Wrote: [ -> ]Someone please help me.

Someone please help. I'm trying not to spam, but seriously?!

Alright, well thanks for no help.
I might as well not use MyBB anymore. I mean, it has been a day. The forum is not fine, it looks horrible.
If I don't get any help soon, then I quit MyBB.
This is my last please help me post.

Seriously, we're unpaid volunteers, we don't sit here all day. We help as and when we have the time, try to have a little patience. Aside from that, your previous post made it sound like the problem was solved which is why I didn't reply the last time I viewed this thread.

The images don't exist where they're supposed to, make sure they're uploaded to the correct locations, e.g. http://cityscape.web44.net/images/royal_red/logo.png
I had been patient for four days.

I'm trying to find the correct location ATM.
Upload the theme's images to MYBB_ROOT/images/royal_red/

Most themes come packaged as they should be uploaded. You normally just upload the contents of the Upload directory to your forum root.
When uploading the images, file type should be uploaded as "Binary"
In filezilla, if you have Auto set as Data Type, then the images should have been uploaded as Binary already. If not, go to Settings - Transfers - File types - choose binary.
Dont forget also to chmod 777 the folder permissions.

There are some cases i experienced before, i uploaded the image on the right location but it is not showing on my forums, so what i did is i download it on my desktop and preview the image and it shows an invalid image file.

So do this:
Quote:When uploading the images, file type should be uploaded as "Binary"
In filezilla, if you have Auto set as Data Type, then the images should have been uploaded as Binary already. If not, go to Settings - Transfers - File types - choose binary.
Dont forget also to chmod 777 the folder permissions.