MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to export a MyBB Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, this is my first MyBB tutorial on the MyBB forums. Please leave feedback and thanks!

So, in this tutorial I will be showing you how to export a myBB theme if you don't know how.

This is mainly if you have created a custom theme and you want to share it/release it.

Steps

1. Go to Templates & Style > Options > Export Theme

[Image: export-mybb-theme-1.png]

2. You'll be presented with two questions, read them and decided appropriately.

[Image: export-mybb-theme-2.png]

3. Then, simply click export them and a pop up box will appear, save the theme (.xml) somewhere safe.

[Image: export-mybb-theme-3.png]

It's really that easy! But.. also remember to backup your theme's image folder via FTP.
Nice job, GFXdot! This is a very nice tutorial, rather simple and easy to follow. However, it's far too straight-forward for my personal liking. The way I like my tutorials is description of every step I am doing. I'm not too fond of "do this, do that" tutorials, though they work perfectly and are rather conducive to the normal forum webmaster. But those who are interested in doing full theme work-ups including full css themes, styles, imagery, etc should probably know about the first option in the Export function.

Possibly sometime in the future you could augment this guide to creating a theme and then exporting that theme. Not necessarily go into detail on how to create the theme, but more or less how to get yourself a foundation for a theme, if you get my drift.

Nevertheless, good job my friend!
Thanks for your feedback, Novus Anima.
Thanks for the tutorial.