MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin pannel loggin out all the time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now i have been building my website to have a log in on the main website.

But hit a snag thats works well but because of it had to change cookies.

But ever since i can log in to the admin CP but the min i click a link in the CP it logs me straight back out.

I am guessing i have made a mistake with cookies or something else?.
When connecting the sites i have edit no mybb file only thing i have changed is the cookie settings.

Now by going on the database i have got the cookie settings these are.

Cookie Domain: .rollercoastermad.com
Cookie Path: /
Cookie Prefix:

The site is located at www.rollercoastermad.com/test/forum
and the site with the login is ww.rollercoastermad.com/test

The reason i just did / for it is i expected to cover all of them as it soon will lose the test and go to a full site.

I have tested this on both latest chrome and IE9 Both have the same issues.

If you need more details just say and i will give you as much as i can Smile
You need to change your cookie path to /test/forum/

See: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
Yes this fixed it for the forum,
But this then stops the other part of my site being able to use the cookie.

How should i set the cookie to work across the root and forum?

I am following this here posted and other dont have issues with this cookie thing by the looks of things.
You'll need a code modification for that, please request it in the plugins forum.
But why does my forum not accept just / for the cookies?

I see loads of post of people being able to do that so why mine not allowing it. Is it a securtiy issue?

Right i worked out a solution is to only have the cookie set to one level higher.
By doing this it makes the admin panel work in chrome. Sadly not In IE9 *Possible a bug then*

But the main site and front end of the forum work fine with the cookie. on IE so going to leave it at that for now. Just the issues with admin panel.

So which one is wrong is it chrome or IE because there both doing different ways with the cookies. OS one of them is not acting correctly, right?