MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sex - Other?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the gender options, why is there an Other option?

I've noticed this since I first started using MyBB and only decided to ask this now...
Maybe for the schizophrenic people. Or MyBB thinks in the future, there might be life on Mars! But to be honest, i don't know either =P
Maybe just to be funny?

It first made me think of the transgendered, but there is already "Undisclosed" for those who don't want to say, either because they want to be private, or because they don't ascribe to society's ideas of what "man" and "woman" means, etc.
Look at it this way ... these guys are computer programmers. You're not writing good code if your "case" statements don't have "defaults".
I added several to mine.

Undisclosed
Male
Female
Transgender
Gender Bender
Androgynous
Other

I do have at least one transgender person on my forum, so... Smile
O_o

It's kinda amazing how some people actually reveal these things...
And what do you think about: 'Yes, please' and 'No, thank you'.
Syzygy Wrote:Look at it this way ... these guys are computer programmers. You're not writing good code if your "case" statements don't have "defaults".
Although the default is not Other though 0.o
The default is "Undisclosed" Wink
Well people might not be fully female and not fully male either so It would be discriminating to not include others me thinks Wink
Some aliens reside on our development team so we must give them an option Toungue j/k
* Ryan Gordon sighs
Pages: 1 2