MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with showthread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a small forum, leefish.nl. It's a sims fansite for me and a few friends and we also share downloads of items we have made for the sims games.

Most of our passing traffic (and potential new members) are visiting the downloads forums and so my downloads showthread is really my showpiece...and it looks scruffy and not very attractive. Sad

I have tried really hard to get it to look good, but I am still not happy with it and so thought I would ask here for some advice and suggestions.

My typical visitor
Female, over 25, has varying interests inside the sims game (builder/decorator/sim maker) uses Internet explorer and is not Internet savvy. I do have a fair few IE6 users (logging in on their lunch breaks while at work) and so I do need to support IE6 as much as I can.

The uploads are member generated content, so I want to keep it as easy as possible for them to upload to the site - so I have a max and min image size (kbs and dimensions) requirement and ask that they post their file as a rar or zip. I handle image resizing using XThreads and shadowbox to present the galleries.

My typical uploader:
Is fairly Internet savvy, likes to have pictures, has not the foggiest on how to layout a post and wants the downloaders to say thank you and comment.

I realise the theme may not be to everyones taste, but that is not really what I am looking for help on - more the layout and design of the showthread page. I have a theme per creator (I know - huge mistake, too late now) all sharing the same template set, so it can't get too complicated.

Thanks for reading my post, I hope I can get some good input from the MYBB community.

This is our current layout:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=873
Hi Leefish, I am going to do something for you but not sure when I will have time. Please give me a few days.
Thank you Brad - if I can return the favour with a (simple :p) plugin just ask