MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community celebration ideas.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really want to come up with something pretty cool for a celebration once we hit a big milestone - but I have no ideas on what to do. Well, I do, but they take serious work which is out of my depth.

I wish there were more celebration type plugins in MyBB Sad. Anyone got any ideas?
There's a plugin around here somewhere that selects a thread by itself, then whoever views that thread first wins whatever prize you have for them. Like an Easter egg hunt.I know Nickman did one like that (his might be what I'm thinking of) but I'm not sure if he released it (his).
I've seen that and used it before I think on my other forum but this is more a post milestone. Without graphic skills you're pretty screwed when you want to celebrate.
I just made a new banner once we hit 100K.
Best thing to do is a contest/giveaway. You could also do a party on tinychat or something. You're a wrestling forum, so maybe have everyone get together on tinychat while watching a match?
(2012-05-11, 08:07 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Best thing to do is a contest/giveaway. You could also do a party on tinychat or something. You're a wrestling forum, so maybe have everyone get together on tinychat while watching a match?

Very hard to do unfortunately. Not many people on the internet like to expose themselves to many others. So it becomes pointless if there's only one or two on cam discussing something in a crappy chat system (imo). It's a dream idea though, I'd love to do that one day. Maybe I'll organise a skype call in the near future.

The banner looks the most likely idea with perhaps a contest, I'm not sure on the prizes though.
Real time discussion threads (meaning they automatically refresh or show posts in real time similar to a chat box).. that would be an awesome way to celebrate!
Already have something like that being made but the developer has no computer usage at the moment so that won't be in time for the milestone. Sad
(2012-05-11, 10:20 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Already have something like that being made but the developer has no computer usage at the moment so that won't be in time for the milestone. Sad

Well I'm glad it's being made.. the live discussion threads are my favorite part of the site Big Grin
(2012-05-11, 09:45 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-11, 08:07 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Best thing to do is a contest/giveaway. You could also do a party on tinychat or something. You're a wrestling forum, so maybe have everyone get together on tinychat while watching a match?

Very hard to do unfortunately. Not many people on the internet like to expose themselves to many others. So it becomes pointless if there's only one or two on cam discussing something in a crappy chat system (imo). It's a dream idea though, I'd love to do that one day. Maybe I'll organise a skype call in the near future.

They could wear wrestling masks.
Pages: 1 2