MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange MYBB Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if anyone can help.

I want a plugin called Easy Refer 2.0 which i know is a paid plugin from MYBB Central and i signed up yesterday and tried to pay for a membership and for some reason when i get to paypal its requesting my card details.

Now this is strange because i donate and pay for things all the time via paypal but its just MYBB Central thats requesting my card details.

I did email MYBB Central last night to see if i could have there paypal email address so i could send them a payment for the subscription and they have told me no it cannot be done that way it needs to be through the system.

Now this has just made me think even more is this something dodgy because like i say my credit card details have never been requested before when paying for things and its funny they wont just let me pay normally and we all know this can be done and they can move me into the paid group afterwards.

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this before?
Its silly really because now i cannot pay and they wont let me i will just have to go hunting around Google for a free copy and it due to no reason of my own because they could have helped me really.
It is perefectly normal for paypal to ask for your card details depending on the kind of account the provider (in this case MYBB central) has.

If you have contacted MYBBCentral (assuming this is labrocca's site you are talking about) and they tell you that is just the way it is then it will very likely be true. I can't see that a well-known site like that could get away with any kind of scam like that and it NOT be all over the MYBB Community. Added to which, labrocca is a sharp businessman - but he isn't a shyster.
You should post this on MyBB Central not here.
So after all the payments and subscriptions i have made over the internet and via paypal this has only just cropped up on there site, mmm it is strange its a lifetime membership so again i really cannot see why a normal payment cannot be made like other sites.

Really weird, and if he is a sharp business man like you say he is then i find that strange that he would lose money this easy and im sure its happened to others who hasn't been able to pay.

I have a business account setup on my paypal but it doesn't ask people for credit card details, the only reason i have just been told in the last few minutes is if he is thinking of making it a direct debit to take other future payments out of your account but on the membership page it doesn't say anything about future payments.

(2012-05-11, 08:54 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]You should post this on MyBB Central not here.

MYBB users use there site so there is no reason i cannot request others members advice here. I think that comment of your could have been kept to yourself personally.
(2012-05-11, 08:47 PM)Wirral.Talk Wrote: [ -> ]Its silly really because now i cannot pay and they wont let me i will just have to go hunting around Google for a free copy and it due to no reason of my own because they could have helped me really.

Good luck when labrocca sends your host a DMCA and your site gets shutdown. That's entirely illegal. You should know better.

No site that uses PayPal as a vendor will ever have access to your credit card details. It's nothing to do with MyBB Central at all. If PayPal is asking you for your credit cards details, you need to take it up with them.

I wasn't required to enter my card details when buying a subscription. The only time I'm ever asked is when I don't have enough funds in my account.