MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Form to post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I've seen various plugins for other forum software to create a form which will be posted in a normal post format in a certain section. Players are NOT ABLE to create a post in that section, but they can only use the form to post something there. I'd really like to know if anything like this exists because I have no idea what to look for.
It has to be customizable so I can add fields.

I am a subscribed member on MyBBCentral, so if there is anything there I could use I'd like to know too. I couldn't find anything myself while browsing.
(2012-05-11, 09:01 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288

I really have no idea how to post something here.

EDIT:
I mean, I don't know how to make it post... It's hard for me to understand how to make it work. I have looked into it before.

EDIT2:
Something like this is what I look for. I want to use it for people to report people / ask for an unban and stuff. I want the tickets to be posted in public readable sections instead of some 'secret admin panel'. Like, I have a section "Moderation", and in that section I have like 3 forums. "Ban Request", "Unban Request" and "Moderator complaints". If you make a ticket (When you click "new thread") it'll create a ticket in that section with the correct fields, required and not.
http://puu.sh/ubNU
You do have some options: You could use MySupport, or you could give XThreads one more try and use the rather nifty support set up RateU has created.

There is a complete set of templates and all you really need to do is to install the plugin and copy paste the templates from RateU. It tells you how to make the fields and how to set it all up.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=754

Of course, you have to make it possible for users to post in that forum - otherwise how can they post? Maybe look for a plugin that limits users to only ONE thread in a certain forum.
I am offering $5 if someone can make me a form. I mean, you can edit the template HERE.
I really don't know what I am doing, so I want to ask you to do this for me.
I have a few different forums, so I don't really need the thread colouring apart from "Accepted, Denied, Pending". I'll explain later.

Forum: Ban Request
Name of person being reported (textbox, 1 line) Required
SteamID (textbox, 1 line) Required
Should be banned from (Multiple options, ex. Fretta, Build, Forum) Required
Explanation / Reason (Multiline textbox, as wide as possible, 100% if possible) Required
Evidence (Multiline textbox, as wide as possible, 100% if possible) Required
Status of your ticket (Pending, accepted, denied. User should only be able to select "Pending", or hidden and automatic.)
Hidden note to administrators (Multi-line extbox, as wide as possible, 100% if possible) Non-required

Forum: Unban Request
Your name (textbox, 1 line) Required
SteamID (textbox, 1 line) Required
Banned from (Multiple options, ex. Fretta, Build, Forum) Required
Explanation / Reason (Multiline textbox, as wide as possible, 100% if possible) Required
Evidence (Multiline textbox, as wide as possible, 100% if possible) Required
Link to banrequest (textbox, 1 line) Required
Status of your ticket (Pending, accepted, denied. User should only be able to select "Pending", or hidden and automatic.)
Hidden note to administrators (Multi-line extbox, as wide as possible, 100% if possible) Non-required

Output
Output should be in 2 different forums. Would be cool if there would be a little box in front of each thread to indicate if it has been accepted or not. I can set up moderation tools to change status myself.

The content of the forums should be the same order as the things above here. No weird styles, just the "descriptions / names" bold and the info regular text. I can adjust CSS and such, but would be nice if you could add some basic CSS so I know where to look.

Just tell me if you're interested. I'll set up an account for you to do it.
No one?
Still looking.
$5 is not much money for what you are asking.

Also, a forum to request bans and unbans is insane.
(2012-06-04, 04:15 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]$5 is not much money for what you are asking.

Also, a forum to request bans and unbans is insane.
It is for a gameserver, where bans are really common when no admins are online to maintain the server.

Anyways, if you say it's not much, I'll just close this and get around more with xthreads.
Form manager can do a lot of what you are asking.

It's located at MyBBSource

Form Manager