MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: distroforum.com - linux support, customization, games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-05-19, 08:24 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Not seen anything like that. Only unova with the colour change ability could work.
I like Sleek anyway.

I think he meant changing the current theme's colors to those.
The current theme is fine. I still think a custom made design is the best choice, but this one is fairly decent. However I think it would look much better with a colour change. It would only take five minutes.
What colour? I definitely think if Solidus had the funds he would have opted for a custom theme. I think there's so much you could do with a linux based custom theme, the most creative of people in MyBB could have made it epic.
I do have the funds.
Then my mind is blown. I'm sure I read you say that purchasing a custom theme wasn't an option, which I instantly assumed was down to lack of funds (or available funds I should say).
I don't get it either. Why the obsession with premium pre-made themes?
(2012-05-19, 10:42 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Then my mind is blown. I'm sure I read you say that purchasing a custom theme wasn't an option, which I instantly assumed was down to lack of funds (or available funds I should say).

http://community.mybb.com/thread-116914-...#pid850686

(2012-05-19, 10:43 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it either. Why the obsession with premium pre-made themes?

No reason really, I like to have things.
The reason I chose Sleek is because of the blue and white/grey colours. It's common among Linux forums, but this theme doesn't look dated.
I intend to offer what the biggest Linux forums offer in terms of support, but also a lot more for the advanced users and those looking to customize. With a huge selection of conky configs, themes, button sets and such, all linked to guides on how to install/use them, we have something they don't.
Of course now we have nothing like that yet, but I'm still finding the best option to do this.
Another thing I want to do is offer our own distribution and support it there.
There's plenty still to come, right now everyone is still new to the forum and I'm looking to see what's particularly popular and then I will act upon it.
Smart ideas Solidus. This forum will go far under your leadership!
It's nice to see a Linux forum that's not running Fluxbb. It looks nice so far, and there's a lot of good hints in this thread, keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 2 3