MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How would I do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Could someone please let me know how I would go about giving registered users permission to view a certain section only after 20 posts? I really need this for my forum, it would be great if someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance!
Use groups and the promotions system...
(2012-05-12, 05:30 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Use groups and the promotions system...

I'm sorry, can you tell me more about this?
Make a group with the permissions to view that forum that default one can't. Then use the promotion system to have people promoted to that group after 20 posts. These are both default features and I don't know how much more I can break it down. Sorry to sound harsh but if you still can't figure it out I give up Undecided.
Or use a plugin.
(2012-05-12, 06:43 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Or use a plugin.

Why use a plugin for a feature that is already in the core? And, I don't know of one off the top of my head that does what he's asking for. I now there is one for things like posting links and stuff but that's different.
My personal ideology is that I don't create different usergroups just for usergroup promotion system. With optimal use of queries if things can be done, I avoid using usergroup promotion.

And that plugin is available on many sites I believe.
I understand it may be easier but it's also an extra query that needs to be run.