MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: trying to merge phpbb3 to mybb 167
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there i followed the instructions for the merger but i am stuck at the database the database beeing used on phpbb3 is mysql i used the dbname which i used initially for the forum creation now i get this error

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at xx.xx.xx:3306' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion
I'm not necessary to provide a port. 3306 is the default port MySQL listens on. Simply use the hostname on it's own.

If that doesn't fix the issue, make sure the details are 100% correct and make sure the database user has access to that database.
(2012-05-12, 12:55 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not necessary to provide a port. 3006 is the default port MySQL listens on. Simply use the hostname on it's own.

If that doesn't fix the issue, make sure the details are 100% correct and make sure the database user has access to that database.

well i tried both options and yes this user has access to the database using him also for webadmin console,
additional i tried something else, did export database and imported it local to my pc also installed mybb localy but then i get the following error
•The phpBB 3 database could not be found in 'phpbb_0'. Please ensure phpBB 3 exists at this database and with this table prefix.

(2012-05-12, 01:27 PM)georgets Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-12, 12:55 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not necessary to provide a port. 3006 is the default port MySQL listens on. Simply use the hostname on it's own.

well i tried both options and yes this user has access to the database using him also for webadmin console,
additional i tried something else, did export database and imported it local to my pc also installed mybb localy but then i get the following error
•The phpBB 3 database could not be found in 'phpbb_0'. Please ensure phpBB 3 exists at this database and with this table prefix.

any ideas guys ? i am really stuck and i really want to change to mybb but starting from the scratch is not an option....