MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add Rep and Thanks to my new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all

I have just installed a new theme called MDT (http://mods.mybb.com/view/mdt) on my forum. The theme looks good but do not have Reputaion and Thanks button by default.

How to add these two buttons to the theme. I already have installed the Thank you system on my forum. but is does not show up on this new theme. the thanks button is showing up on other themes only on MDT it is not showing. do i need to add anything to the templates for this. help me add the thanks and reputation button.

Forum @ TechTimes

thanks in advance
You need to make the buttons by yourself and put them into your new theme image folder.

It is mandatory those have the same name and extension of the 4 extra images that came with the Like/Thank You plugin:

postbit_l_add.gif
postbit_l_del.gif
postbit_ty_add.gif
postbit_ty_del.gif

If for example I make a plugin which adds a completely new button, theme designers have no way of guessing what buttons someone else is going to create for some new function, do I make sense? Smile
(2012-05-12, 10:28 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make the buttons by yourself and put them into your new theme image folder.
It is mandatory those have the same name and extension of the 4 extra images that came with the Like/Thank You plugin:
postbit_l_add.gif
postbit_l_del.gif
postbit_ty_add.gif
postbit_ty_del.gif
If for example I make a plugin which adds a completely new button, theme designers have no way of guessing what buttons someone else is going to create for some new function, do I make sense? Smile

thanks for the reply bro... but i think i didnt explain my problem correctly.

let me detail it... i earlier had 'The Cure' theme and Thank/Like sytem instlled on the forum and it was fine. Remember Cure theme do not have any default Thank or Like buttons, so possibly it took the buttons from the plugin.

But this new theme MDT, has Thanks and Rep buttons on its own. See Images below
[Image: mHj0n.jpg]

and the nmes of these images are:
postbit_thanks.gif
postbit_thx.gif
postbit_rthx.gif
thanks.gif
rateuser.gif

but neither these images nor the images from thank you system show up on the threads. will it be because of the names??? do i need change the names of the images or on the templates???
(2012-05-12, 11:01 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]do i need change the names of the images or on the templates???

Yes, indeed! you will have to rename them.

"rateuser.gif" looks ok!

It seems they sent you several "thanks" and "remove thanks" buttons. Change the ones you choose to:

postbit_ty_add.gif
postbit_ty_del.gif

(the other two I described are the "like/unlike" buttons)
(2012-05-12, 12:01 PM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, indeed! you will have to rename them.
"rateuser.gif" looks ok!
It seems they sent you several "thanks" and "remove thanks" buttons. Change the ones you choose to:
postbit_ty_add.gif
postbit_ty_del.gif
(the other two I described are the "like/unlike" buttons)

thanks so much bro... i changed the name of postbit_thx.gif to postbit_ty_add.gif and also rateuser.gif to postbit_reputation.gif
but still i didnt get those buttons on the threads
then i went to templates set and edited the postbit template and added the foll. codes to it: {$post['button_rep']}, {$post['button_tyl']}

now it is working fine, u can check it here. thanks again
Glad to see you did it. It was a bit harder than I thought. Smile