MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Width Issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never encountered this issue before, until today. It's like... My Forum is now zoomed in, extended. I don't like it like this. Is there any way to revert this? I don't even know how it happened.
URL?
(2012-05-12, 07:30 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]URL?

http://destinycraft.info/
It is the huge image in the "Dynamic Server Map Released!" announcement.

You need to take that image out and resize.
(2012-05-13, 01:36 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is the huge image in the "Dynamic Server Map Released!" announcement.

Thank you very much, sir Smile.

(2012-05-13, 01:36 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is the huge image in the "Dynamic Server Map Released!" announcement.

I just shrinked it, and even tried editing the whole post, and it still didn't work Sad. I still repped you for the help though, thanks.
Hmm, that is odd because when I deleted that node in firebug your page returned to normal.

oh ok, you also need to fix the css for the container div - I thought you wanted it at 100%. Go to your gloabl.css and replace the container css with the below.

#container { 
color: #000000;
line-height: 1.4;
margin: auto;
text-align: left;
width: 95%;
}

Will give you a gutter on either side.
(2012-05-13, 03:13 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, that is odd because when I deleted that node in firebug your page returned to normal.

oh ok, you also need to fix the css for the container div - I thought you wanted it at 100%. Go to your gloabl.css and replace the container css with the below.

#container { 
color: #000000;
line-height: 1.4;
margin: auto;
text-align: left;
width: 95%;
}

Will give you a gutter on either side.

I just did that, it made it the page smaller as you said it would. But it's not like before :\. This shrinked the page, now there's grey lines on the sides, which are most likely from the theme.
Yes, those grey lines are the background image. If you are not using it then you should not bother loading it (bandwidth is bandwidth). I am not really sure what it looked like before, so I am kind of struggling to help.

However, I took a look at the w3c validator results - and you have 6 errors in your HTML, all of them are in the "Playlist" announcement. If you fix the HTML then the issue may resolve itself and you can put your container div back at 100%.