MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is the reputation.php file located?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for reputation.php file, I am not the main admin, but I'm adding something for the owner. Is there a way I can get to it by going into the root folders?
For example I can go to 'site'/inc etc. Where would it be?
The reputation.php file should be in the MyBB root.
Is there any way for me to edit it without being a super administrator?
If you've got FTP access to the server you can modify it by downloading it and modifying it using a text editor.

Maybe you're talking about the template though. What exactly do you wish to modify?
No, it's not the template. I don't think I have FTP access to the server.

I'm adding a 'repf**k' button.

These are the instructions:

Quote:Apply the following edits to reputation.php

AFTER:
Code:
$delete_button = "<input type=\"submit\" name=\"delete\" value=\"{$lang->delete_vote}\" />";

ADD:
Code:
if(!in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array('3','4',)))
{
$repfuckbutton = "";
}else{
$repfuckbutton = "<form action=\"repfuck.php?uid=".$_GET['uid']."\" method=\"post\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"RepFuck\" value=\"RepFuck\" />";
}

AFTER:
Code:
$delete_button = '';

ADD:
Code:
if(!in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array('1', '2', '3','4',)))
{
$repfuckbutton = "";
}else{
$repfuckbutton = "<form action=\"repfuck.php?uid=".$_GET['uid']."\" method=\"post\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"RepFuck\" value=\"RepFuck\" />";
}

I've got my own MyBB folder so I can go through everything and check it all, then apply edits for the ones on the forum.
Those variables can be found in reputation.php file. You will need an FTP access to edit the file.
Yeah, you'll require FTP access then. Either that or you could get the Patches plugin installed that allows you to make core edits via the ACP.
@crazy4cs I know that, how would I know if I have FTP access. I'm kind of new to this. :/
@euantor I might install the plugin then.
FTP access means access to the files that are uploaded on the server inside public_html folder. You can edit the files by downloading an FTP client such as FileZilla and connecting to it with the FTP details that your host provided, in most cases;

Hostname: ftp.yourdomain.com
username: Your cPanel or hosting username
password: Your cPanel password
Ah, I don't have access to that then, I'll contact the owner and ask him.

I've tried installing the patches plugin, but it tells me cannot find main plugin file. I'm using a custom plugin uploader so this may be why, but any help?