MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why you no POST???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-05-14, 05:25 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Quantity=/= Quality

If your posts don't have the quality people are looking for, no matter how many threads you make a day it will be futile. You should rather focus on getting something that will grab the attention of users rather than making the forum look a little fuller with no quality in your posts. By this I mean something you make and not a copy-paste article.

You've escaped from my basement risen from the dead!

The first problem I see with your site is that you don't really have any sort of focus... Is it about fish? The Sims? PHP Coding? I can't really tell, and I don't think any potential Google visitors can tell either. If you make it a little more clear that you're a Sims fan site, I think that'll help a lot.
(2012-05-14, 06:39 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-14, 05:25 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Quantity=/= Quality

If your posts don't have the quality people are looking for, no matter how many threads you make a day it will be futile. You should rather focus on getting something that will grab the attention of users rather than making the forum look a little fuller with no quality in your posts. By this I mean something you make and not a copy-paste article.

You've escaped from my basement risen from the dead!
Freedom at last!
Restrict a download per reply. That's what I did in my website to keep the site active.
(2012-05-14, 01:00 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Restrict a download per reply. That's what I did in my website to keep the site active.

Most of the posts I see on your site are just "thanks!" or something else not really interesting, though ... are those kinds of posts really valuable?
There are few of reasons;
1) Make the site active.
2) Restrict the spam downloads.
3) Keeping a record who has downloaded the item.
Thank you for the replies so far

The problem is not really getting members - number of members does not interest me - it is getting existing members to post.

I am really not keen on making people post to get access to items - I have seen what that can do to a site - lots of low quality posts is possibly worse than no posts at all.

Re the site focus - yes it is not 100% clear that we are a "sims fansite" - probably because that is not really what I set out to be. It was meant to be a hobby site for me to practice modifying MYBB. Not wishing to "toot my horn" but if you were a simmer then you would know who I am Big Grin and the site is named after me. Result: we turned into a sims fansite.

I will have a go at running some contests - participation prizes = Sims Items (which I will make myself so cost is zero).

Re making threads - I do make a thread every couple of days, I will try and make more.
(2012-05-14, 05:13 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I think the quantity of threads isn't so helpful. What's important is to create threads that can continue for many pages.

I think the quantity of threads is good for SEO and traffic from search engines.
It's better to have many pages with different titles than have 100 pages with a same title\topic.
That's possible. But I'm more concerned with quality of discussion for users than for SEO.

Lee, I think you need to make it clearer what your site is about.
(2012-05-14, 03:33 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm more concerned with quality of discussion for users than for SEO.

You can have it both ways.
Agreed. More threads doesn't equal less quality... it may make things more messy but it certainly doesn't lower quality if you don't want it to.
Pages: 1 2 3