MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF 2.0.2 to MyBB 1.6.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to use the merge system, but it wouldn't work.

I ran the merge, and got it to fetch some of the data from the SMF database, but all posts and topics didn't show up. All of the users, boards, etc. did.

I have a decent sized forum (10k posts, 1.6k threads, 658 users).

Also, why is the merge system so poorly done? Why not just automate the whole process, instead of having to manually choose each thing to import?
(2012-05-14, 10:00 AM)Syfaro Wrote: [ -> ]I ran the merge, and got it to fetch some of the data from the SMF database, but all posts and topics didn't show up. All of the users, boards, etc. did.

See: http://community.mybb.com/thread-112605.html

(2012-05-14, 10:00 AM)Syfaro Wrote: [ -> ]Also, why is the merge system so poorly done? Why not just automate the whole process, instead of having to manually choose each thing to import?

That's actually by design. You can choose what data you want to convert over. Some people only want users, some want everything, some want everything minus settings, etc...
(2012-05-14, 10:06 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]See: http://community.mybb.com/thread-112605.html

That's actually by design. You can choose what data you want to convert over. Some people only want users, some want everything, some want everything minus settings, etc...

Wow, that's a really simple fix... I feel stupid now ._.

It still seems really overcomplicated. I wish there would be a import all button, or a custom button.
I ask here, to avoid open a simiral thread.

I have some questions:
-How can i convert user's signatures, without html code, like <br />, &amp; etc?
-How to convert user custom names (in SMF) to Custom User Title (MYBB)?
f.e. a user may have a username "username" and a custom name like "Custom".
The merge system only converts the "username" and not the custom names.

Thanks in advance.
(2012-05-14, 10:13 AM)Syfaro Wrote: [ -> ]It still seems really overcomplicated. I wish there would be a import all button, or a custom button.

Then you'd see lots of users requesting a simpler version like the current one. I think it's great that you can choose whatever you want to import personally. Maybe an "import all" button would be a nice bonus to have.