MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error message after moving host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently moved hosts successfully to ipage.com

now i and many other users get this error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue. SQL Error: 1203 - User redprest_alldb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

I contacted their support and this is the transcript of the chat:

Alfred Sanders: Hi, how are you today?
craig: Hello there, i have a mybb forum and i just transferred it yesterday across to your host unfortunately now it limits how many users gets on my forum and displays a message like "redprest_alldb has reached limited amount of users"
craig: im fine thanks
craig: redprest_alldb is the user of the database
craig: i wonder if you can help me in this matter
Alfred Sanders: The maximum number of concurrent MySQL connections per user is 10. The maximum number of database queries per user is 75,000/hr.
craig: and?
craig: i don't get it
craig: how can i change that
craig: i don't want to limit how many users come on my site.. that is an absouloute disgrace..
Alfred Sanders: Query limit is the maximum number of database actions performed in one hour by a specific user. Note that a user can have multiple concurrent MySQL connections, in which case the sum of all database actions for all connections cannot exceed the given limit.
Alfred Sanders: The concurrent connections to a database means to fetch any information from a table in a database, you need to open a connection to a database first. Concurrent Connections are the number of open connections to a database at the same instant of time.
Alfred Sanders: The Database Query is a command (like Select, Ins ert...) which is related to any action done on a database. Queries are executed after connection is established between a script and a database.

I don't unfortunately understand 1 word what he said.

Anyways i can get rid of this error message?
not sure but it dont sound like a very good host if there putting limits on im on http://www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk/ and theres no limits,the server has never gone down and there very helpfull when youve got a prob even if its a prob with your software they do all they can to help and its only £3.30 a month
hi guys, i got more details.
spoke to another adviser:

Andrea Nelson: You need to optimize the script to limit the database queries lmit and connection per users.

this is the solution..

although ..

craig: how can i do that
Andrea Nelson: You need to set or figuer it from your end.
craig: helpful lol

they didn't tell me how. Anyone know? Sad
Unless you're willing to rewrite MyBB, no.

Simple solution would be to find to a better webhost.
Hi Craig

If you like I can get you a reliable host and make the forum working there

Regards
Bijumk