MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email alert for new posts not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I had many spam posts in my forum and therefore enabled moderation of new threads and posts. But the "Email alert" for subscribers is not working in this mode. What to do to send the email alerts for new posts after moderation ?

Please guide me

Thanks in advance

Bijumk
You may use this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-102043.html

It sends Private Messages, not sure if it sends emails.
(2012-05-15, 07:54 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You may use this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-102043.html

It sends Private Messages, not sure if it sends emails.

He wants a solution not an alternative lol Big Grin
(2012-05-15, 08:59 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]He wants a solution not an alternative lol Big Grin

This explains the question;
(2012-05-15, 05:58 AM)bijumk Wrote: [ -> ]What to do to send the email alerts for new posts after moderation ?
By the term "after moderation", you are unable to send alerts without using the plugin I mentioned above.

@OP: If you mean anything else then let me know.
Hi Yaldram & Frank..

Thanks for your prompt reply, my requirement is when the moderator approves a post, the other posters should get an email alert saying a new post happened in the thread. Just like this forum send me an email about your updates.

I doubt the plugin you mentioned above sends only a private message within the forum, isn't it ?
(2012-05-15, 01:09 PM)bijumk Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt the plugin you mentioned above sends only a private message within the forum, isn't it ?
Yes, but if the end user doesn't untick the "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message." checkbox under his UserCP > Edit Options , then he would receive the email alert for the private message notification aswell.
ok ok fine Yadaram.. Now I got the point. Many thanks again

One more question Yaldram

Please tell me an option to change the option "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message" selected by default while registration. The required editing needed in member registration template.

Also the mysql query to change the option to selected for existing users

Hoping for your help and thanks in advance

Bijumk
Smilies are resulting in additional link to smiley image (example: http://www.propertytribes.com/showthread...720&page=2)
please help in getting rid from it ,it shouldn't show smiley links
I posted a reply in a thread. I then posted another thread. As tends to be the custom with the software, they are merged rather than showing up as independent additions to the thread. Not to my liking but not the issue I am trying to report.
When I looked back at the reply I saw something I wanted to change. I am used to seeing an edit button so I can edit what I posted. I did not see that option this time. I figure it might be tied to the merged replies as the other times there were no merged replies.”