MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Check for any threads similar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible somehow to check if there somewhere on the forum is a thread which is similar?

Then it would make it easier to manage if there are allready a thread with that content.?
That's built-in functionality.

AdminCP > Configurations > Show Thread Options > Show 'Similar Threads' Table > Yes.

This will show a box having similar threads on showthread pages.
(2012-05-15, 08:54 PM)Dead Soulâ„¢ Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible somehow to check if there somewhere on the forum is a thread which is similar?

Then it would make it easier to manage if there are allready a thread with that content.?

as yaldaram says its built in, but if you want it for the new thread page then use this plugin.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/related-threads

hope this helps.

[Image: 3bP0H.png]
Indeed, Yaldaram is correct re the standard settings, but I think that the check is only at forum level, not at board level. It would be very cool to have a consolidated version grouped by certain forums only.
(2012-05-16, 10:41 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, Yaldaram is correct re the standard settings, but I think that the check is only at forum level, not at board level. It would be very cool to have a consolidated version grouped by certain forums only.

that plugin although it shows on new thread only has support for excluding forums perhaps that plugin could be added to the standard related thread section?
I think my post was unclear - sorry. What I mean is, the current related threads is only applicable to the forum you are IN, so if you have other forums on your board covering similar topics then no similar topics in other forums are visible. I think that a feature like that would help a lot to get users to move about the board more.
(2012-05-16, 11:23 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think my post was unclear - sorry. What I mean is, the current related threads is only applicable to the forum you are IN, so if you have other forums on your board covering similar topics then no similar topics in other forums are visible. I think that a feature like that would help a lot to get users to move about the board more.

ah yh i see that makes sense i was thinking you meant something different. hope the op is happy with his answers Big Grin.