MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL ERROR!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
    1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
Query:
    SELECT p.pid FROM mybb_posts p WHERE p.uid='2' AND p.fid='58' AND p.subject='Castle Miner Z opportunity!' AND p.message='Looking to complete this Castle Miner Z map with the help of others:\r\n[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ctbXkCFfE[/video]\r\n\r\nI\'ll be giving custom game saves (Dungeon Defenders) or modded Minecraft Maps (ur map w/ modded inventory) as compensation for target goals that are completed e.g. a completed game map replica within this save.' AND p.posthash='*CENSORED*' 

I removed the posthash from the error report.

What caused this???
Users are still able to post, pm, etc.. just this particular thread a user can not post and always gets this error.
(2012-05-16, 01:53 AM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
    1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
Query:
    SELECT p.pid FROM mybb_posts p WHERE p.uid='2' AND p.fid='58' AND p.subject='Castle Miner Z opportunity!' AND p.message='Looking to complete this Castle Miner Z map with the help of others:\r\n[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ctbXkCFfE[/video]\r\n\r\nI\'ll be giving custom game saves (Dungeon Defenders) or modded Minecraft Maps (ur map w/ modded inventory) as compensation for target goals that are completed e.g. a completed game map replica within this save.' AND p.posthash='*CENSORED*' 

I removed the posthash from the error report.

What caused this???
Users are still able to post, pm, etc.. just this particular thread a user can not post and always gets this error.

i would guess this is the problem
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation

now i am not very good with mysql but i am guessing some of the tables/items in the mysql db are formatedd as utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE and others as latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT and therefore it gives a illegal mix error.

the fix i presume would be to change all to the same format. in PhpMyAdmin/Cpanel

hope this helps.
thank you, What command would make all formatting the same then?

Edit:
this was among my Noob questions... solved easily in admin cp.