MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turkish Char (in MyBB 1.2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in quick Edit mod, turkish char is like crazy. I think it is about javascript. How can I solve that problem. Turkish user is waiting for correcting the bug.

For example: öçşiğü
in that forum it isnt a bug. I dont understand... Confused
öçşiğü ---> öçŠiÄ Ã¼ in our site.
Here is a PM conversation I had with Oktay recently which explains why it doesn't work:

Quote:Hi Chris,

Just wanted to inform you via PM because all Turkish users ar complaining from the messed characters when they do quick edit. As you know you have fixed it but I checked some sites and still have the problem
For it to correctly work, the iconv or multibyte PHP extensions need to be compiled on the server (look at the PHP Info link in the Admin CP to check) or at least enabled in the php.ini.

We can't do anything more about it than require that those extensions are installed/working.
My PHP Version is 4.4.4. it is the last version. I dont know what can I do, now... Sad
the iconv is an extension released on the PHP site. You should request it by the host
This is an old topic but still we have this problem. I have a server now and my question is that how I release the iconv extension? I'll test some features which I have the problems...
upgrade your php version to latest version, the iconv extention are inluded by default.