MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error 1142
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I hope this is the correct spot to start this thread.
Lately I'm having issues with myBB since 3-4 weeks. Every two to three days I get this error when I try to access my forum (same for other users on the forum)

[Image: 555942InternalError.png]

The mybb_session and the nw_text table sizes go through the roof all the sudden. I'm limited at 100Mo for that database, and usually I end up at -50Mo once this occures.

Under phpmyadmin the only solution I have found is to empty both tables and everything works fine for a few days before the problem occurs again.

I tried out google but it seems this problem only occurs to people merging forums or don't have the correct access to their database.

The first time this occured I was running myBB 1.6.4, I did the update to have the latest version hoping this would set this right, but it hasn't.

Has anyone got a clue? The first time it happened, I had the impression that someone had bomb the forum with so many spam that it simply crashed.
But after recovery, I hadn't any proof of that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
It seems that either you or your host has edited the permissions of your mysql user and denied them the update command. Contact your host and ask them to check the privileges of your mysql sessions table.
Thanks Yaldaram!

I was hoping you weren't going to say that... but if I have to face my provider, I will.

(2012-05-16, 12:54 PM)TaLoche Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Yaldaram!

I was hoping you weren't going to say that... but if I have to face my provider, I will.

Doesn't seem to be the problem. My provider is telling me that I'm the only one with the access of mySQL.

Doesn't seem to be the problem. My provider is telling me that I'm the only one with the access of mySQL.