MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Option to display custom profile fields on postbit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to see an option in the acp where you create the custom profile fields, to display it on the post bit.
So when you click on the checkbox it then will display on the users post bit only if they have it filled in on the profile, It can't be to difficult to include in core, even smf have this option and mybb is better software but don't have it.
(2012-05-16, 01:21 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see an option in the acp where you create the custom profile fields, to display it on the post bit.
So when you click on the checkbox it then will display on the users post bit only if they have it filled in on the profile, It can't be to difficult to include in core, even smf have this option and mybb is better software but don't have it.

This is currently somehow.. sorta possible but does require the php in template plugin. I do it to show information below the Avatar so.

With the plugin installed you can do:

<if $post['fid4'] then>

To show only if its there. And then add what you wish below. With a </if> on the end.

For example:

<if $post['fid4'] then>
Your name is:&nbsp;{$post['fid4']}
</if>

But yes +1 from me nice small feature to include.
I am aware of this, I already use this method but would just like an option where you can just click on it to say if it is displayed or not.
(2012-05-17, 07:15 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I am aware of this, I already use this method but would just like an option where you can just click on it to say if it is displayed or not.

True, would be nice indeed. But i dont really get why nobody has suggested to make the PHP in template thingie or only the stripped down version integrated. It one of the most useful plugins there is. Even if you would only implement the conditions and not allow full fledged PHP would still be a huge improvement (atleast for me that is). Would also take care of a lot of request to be implemented now.